Steak with asparagus & tomatoes.
Choose a piece of your favorite cut of meat: strip loin or filet are ideal for this. Season to taste, and sear on the Lava Rock and cook to your ideal level from rare to well done. With the Lava Rock you are able to ensure the meat is cooked exactly as you like it. Serve with steamed asparagus and oven roasted tomatoes.
Use any of the following as accompaniments:
- Dijon Mustard
- BBQ sauce
- Mild mustard
Shrimps & Scallops with vegetables.
Peel your shrimp just leaving the tail in place. Season the shrimps and scallops and sear on the Lava Rock. The Lava Rock will ensure that both shrimp and scallop remain moist when you are in control of the cooking time. Accompany with any vegetable of your choice or even steamed rice.
Use any of the following as dipping sauces:
- Cocktail Sauce
- Marie rose sauce
- Sweet chili sauce
- Soy sauce
- Hoisin sauce
Seared tuna & shitake mushrooms
Use prime Ahi tuna. Season to taste and sear to perfection on the Lava Rock - this method allows you to really enjoy the full flavor of the tuna without overcooking it. Serve with shitake mushrooms seared on the Lava Rock.
A soy sauce with maybe a little wasabi and ginger would be the perfect accompaniment to this Asian inspired dish.
Moroccan Lamb Pops & Tzatziki dip
Make a Moroccan marinade as follows:
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon huice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 pound rack of lamb cut into individual chops.
- Marinade lamb in the spice mixture for at least two hours.
- Cook the individual chops on the Lava Rock
- Serve with Tzatziki
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped cucumber
- 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Mix together and dip!